This recipe is one of my utter favorite. It’s earthy, spicy, crispy and absolutely delicious. It’s one of my mom’s dishes that I have learned and would always relish it throughout my life 🙂. Chana dal fritters are super easy to make and is perfect during rainy season accompanied with hot tea/coffee.
- Chana dal (soaked overnight)- 200 gms
- Onions (chopped)- 2 medium sized
- Green chilies (2-4)- according to taste
- Ginger (grated)- 1 ts
- Salt- according to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Baking soda- ¼ ts
- To make this first of all we will need to soak chana dal overnight.
- Next day Rinse with cold water.
- Now blend the soaked dal to a thick and coarse paste like consistency.
- Separately blend chilies and ginger.
- Now in a large bowl combine chana dal paste, ginger and chili paste, chopped onions, salt and baking soda.
- Heat the oil in pan followed by frying the fritters until golden brown.
Trust me, the small amount of baking soda makes a lot of difference in increasing the crispiness of the fritters. But do not over do it, as it will end up in soaking lot of oil during frying. Serve hot with coriander chutney/ tomato sauce.
Bon appétit! 🙂