The recipe that I am going to share now is extremely loved by my family members. It’s easy to cook so you need not have to spend lot of time in kitchen; also it contains very less calories which make this recipe perfect for both as an evening snacks and breakfast. Let’s begin!
- Vermicelli / sewai- 2 cups
- Onions- 2
- Vegetables of your choice- Peas, Carrots etc
- Ginger (grated/ paste)- 1tbs
- Green chilies- few as per taste
- Black mustard seeds- 1ts
- Turmeric- ¼ ts
- Oil- 2 tbs
- For this simple dish start by heating a pan with some oil.
- Now add black mustard seeds and let it splatter.
- Now add chopped green chilies followed by grated ginger and sauté it till ginger stars to change color.
- Then add chopped onions, vegetables, turmeric and salt to taste and allow it to cook for some time till the onions start wilting.
- Finally add vermicelli and mix properly with other ingredients.
- After 5 mins add water, just enough to cover the vermicelli.
- Now cover with a lid and allow it to cook.
- Keep a check in between. After about 7-10 mins remove the lid, sauté thoroughly and it’s done!
Serve hot with fried peanuts on top along with tea/ coffee.
Bon appétit! 🙂