An oil-free delight for fish lovers.
It is an easy and excellent alternative to fried fish, without compromising over taste and definitely no guilty conscience.
This recipe can be used to grill any variety of fish available in your local market or supermarket. This grilled fish can be served as an excellent side dish for any rice based dish or noodles.
Fish I have used here is Rita buchanani aka belgagri fish, which is quite meaty variety and has one single bone which will give u hassle-free way of eating. This recipe is no oil recipe and can be consumed by absolutely everyone.
I suggest marinating the fish overnight so that oil in the fish is released and no extra oil will be required during cooking.
Let’s have a look at the recipe
- fish (cleaned and cut
- Salt- to taste
- Coriander leaves -1/2cup
- Turmeric- 1/2 ts
- Red chilli powder- according to taste
- Fennel seed powder – freshly grounded 1 tbs.
- Cut and clean the fish over running water. Pat dry.
- Grind all the spices together to form a paste.
- Coat the fish in masala paste and leave overnight or at least 2 hrs.
- Cook in the microwave in combination mode (microwave + grill) for 45- 50 mins.
- You can also cook it in the grill pan over medium heat.
- Serve hot with chutney and onions.
- Use this dish as an appetizer or with a meal.