Mustard fish curry is one of the few irresistible dishes for every non-vegan. It’s an ultimate favorite of my husband. The quality that makes this dish different from others is the earthiness of mustard seeds and the fact that it’s not at all heavy on the stomach, which makes it super easy to digest.
- Fish (cut and cleaned)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2-3 tbs
- Tomatoes (paste)- 2-3 large
- Mustard seeds (paste)- 1 ½ tbs
- Turmeric- ¼ tea spoon
- Chilies- to taste
- Salt- to taste
- Mustard Oil to cook
- Coriander (chopped)
- Water – 2-3 cups
- First of all, wash the fish well.
- marinate the fish with lime juice and a little salt, keep it aside till we are done preparing the spice mix.
- Heat oil in a pan; now add ¼ tbs of mustard seeds.
- Further add ginger garlic paste, chilies, mustard paste and saute it for 5-8 mins.
- Now add tomatoes paste and fry for about 8-10 mins.
- After the masala starts to release oil, add salt to taste and turmeric, mix thoroughly.
- Add water to prepare the gravy for the fish and let it boil for 5-7 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add the fish pieces to the pan and allow the water to boil off a little by placing on the lid.
- It would take around 8-10 mins for the fish to cook through.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with basmati rice or rumali roti. Enjoy the meal !!