These paratha stuffed with crumbled spiced cottage cheese is delicious and healthy dish. The fact that they are shallow fried flatbread makes them an easy and tempting savory for school lunchboxes as well as lunch or dinner. They can u served with curd, chatni or any curried dish. It’s an all time favorite at home, restaurants and punjabi dhabas/ roadside eatery’s.
There are different versions of paneer paratha all over India according to region n taste, the one I have made here is a typical north Indian flavor. You can definitely try with your own ingredients.
- Wheat flour – 4-5 cups (loosely kneaded)
- Cottage cheese/ paneer – 250 gms
- Ginger- 1 tbs (grated)
- Red chili powder- 1 tbs
- Chat masala – 1 tbs
- Salt – to taste
- Garam masala powder– 1/2 tbs
- Amchur powder -1tbs
- Oil for frying
- First of all, tips for making mess free paratha is that knead a moist, soft n non sticky dough so that the bread split open while rolling them flat.
- Lets jump on to the recipe. In a large bowl grate 250 gms of cottage cheese/paneer. Add salt, chat masala, grated ginger chilies, garam masala, amchur powder and mix well.
- Keep aside for 5 mins.
- Start rolling the dough, place the filling in the center and start pleating toward the center. Sprinkle some flour and roll them in shape of chapatis.
- Meanwhile heat a tawa, and now place the paratha on hot tawa and cook both side 5 mins. Apply ghee/olive oil on both sides and n cook to another 5 mins.
- Serve hot parathas with chatni, raita, curd or any curry.
Bon appetit 🙂