PS: Special Sunday breakfast prepared by my loving husband and beautiful sister (Relaxing start of the day)
Bhurji- Pav needs no introduction in itself, it’s an awesome dish that can be prepared within no time. let’s have a quick look at this interesting recipe.
- Eggs – 4-6
- Chopped onions -2 medium-sized
- Chopped tomatoes – 2 small
- Ginger garlic paste -1 tbsp
- Green chilies- chopped as per taste
- Salt- to taste
- Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
- garam masala- 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves- chopped for garnishing
- Milk – 3tbs
- Pav (must be soft and fresh)
- oil- for cooking
- First of all heat olive oil in a large pan, add cumin seeds and green chilies and let it splutter.
- Now add chopped onions and saute till it turns translucent.
- Moving further add ginger garlic paste and saute for another couple of minutes. (you can add finely chopped ginger garlic / grated ginger garlic too. Many people do not like the feel of tasting ginger bits in their mouth while eating so it’s always suitable to add in the paste form.)
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute well. now we can add salt and a little bit of garam masala powder. mix all of them together and cooked it on medium flame with the closed lid, till the tomatoes are thoroughly cooked.
- Moving ahead crack all the eggs into a mixing bowl and add 3 tbsp of milk in it, whisk it for about a couple of minutes to get that fluffy texture in the bhurji. add the beaten eggs into the pan.
- Mix everything together and keep stirring continuously till the eggs are cooked.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and give it a final mix.
- For Pav- Add a little butter to a flat-bottomed pan and place your pav on it, cook both sides till the pav is crisp on the outside.
- Serve hot with brewing coffee. (Enjoy your breakfast!!)