Mackarel fry is one of my favorites. It’s simple, nutritious and fulfilling. It is rich source of omega 3 fatty acids.
It has shown to reduce inflammation and potentially lower the risk of heart diseases, arthritis and cancer.
Nutrition:- Rich in omega 3 fatty acids, also has abundant vitamin D and A.
Preparation Time- 20minutes
Cook Time -10 minutes
- Ginger garlic paste – 2tbs
- Mackarel fish -1 kg
- Garam Masala -1 tbsp
- Chat Masala -1tbsp
- Red Chilli powder -1tbsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for shallow frying
- Lemon juice -1tbsp
- Rice flour -4-5 tbsp
- First of all, clean the Mackarel thoroughly with fresh water, and secondly by scrubbing with little amount of salt or wheat flour. (This type of cleaning would remove the fishy smell.
- Now, place the fish in plates and make small gashes over it.
- Now in a bowl, mix rice flour, lemon juice, spices and Ginger garlic paste. You can maintain the consistency of the batter by atting few spoon of water, if required.
- Now coat the fish throughout into the batter and let it marinate for about 15 minutes in a refrigerator.
- Now , heat oil in a shallow pan, After the oil has become hot, add the fish one by one for shallow frying.
- Fry till golden brown and serve hot with chutney and onion wedges.